What will I be doing/involved in?
Your time will be spent helping the Events Fundraising Manager to plan, set up, promote and carry out a variety of hospice events.
This will include meeting with venues and events companies, liasing with our PR and Comms team to create and agree a marketing and social media timeline for each event, sourcing prizes for fundraising events, sending thank you letters to supporters, offering stewardship and support to fundraisers, offering up creative ideas for ongoing or future events, and updating our database with donors details.
What experience or skills do I need?
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- Basic IT and admin skills (knowledge of Raisers edge desirable but not essential as training will be provided)
- To be able to confidently contribute ideas for fundraising events
- Be able to work independently if required
- Occasionally work offsite and/or out of hours during events
- Confident in proactively sourcing prizes for events, or asking for support from businesses and suppliers
Time commitment and duration
Generally one morning or afternoon a week, but this might be more as we get closer to an event, just before the event and during the event. The role will be reviewed on a yearly basis.
Where will I be based?
St. Columba’s Hospice, 15 Boswall Road, Edinburgh and the Education Centre, 17 Boswall Road, Edinburgh.
Who will be supporting me?
The Fundraising Events Manager and the fundraising team
Who else will support me?
Volunteer Services Manager, volunteer services team and other hospice staff as needed
- Application Form
- Volunteers must be 18 or over
- Interview with Volunteer Services Manager and the Events Fundraising Manager
- Two references
- Hospice Volunteer Induction Programme
- Hospice Orientation
- Team / role induction and training
- Team meetings (if/as necessary)
- Hospice Chaplains are always available to support volunteers
- Volunteers may claim reasonable travelling expenses for transport to and from the Hospice, or the place you volunteer, e.g. one of our retail shops. Please speak to your manager about this.
- The Hospice provides complimentary tea and coffee to all volunteers, staff, patients and families as part of the hospitality strategy.
- If you volunteer for a full day at the Hospice, you can claim a free meal from the staff café or Iona Café. Please speak to your manager about this.
- To find out more about this role, please contact the Community Fundraising Team on 0131 551 1381 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can apply online here
Alternatively, please email us at email@example.com to request a paper application form, or to ask us any questions about the role
Download a role description