Every year, we’re able to support over 1100 families across Edinburgh and the Lothians thanks to the generosity of people like you. This Christmas, you can Light up a Life by making a donation and dedicating a light to a loved one. Read on to find out more about our appeal and this year’s tree lighting services.
We’d like to say a huge thank you to everyone who has donated to our Light up a Life appeal so far! All of the money raised will help us deliver vital care to families across Edinburgh and the Lothians so thank you for your continued support.
We’re very excited to be able to announce details of our tree lighting ceremonies in Charlotte Square Gardens, Edinburgh and Haddington House, East Lothian. Performing at both events this year is Ciara Harvie, a 23 year old classical crossover singer from Edinburgh. Her reputation is now global, with regular appearances in Europe and beyond, as the world continues to be wowed by this young classical singer possessing a voice filled with passion, warmth, soul, and maturity. We’re very privileged to have Ciara performing and supporting our appeal.
Our tree lighting ceremonies are taking place on:
- Monday 6 December, Charlotte Square Gardens, 6.30pm
- Thursday 9 December, Haddington House, 6.30pm
While it’s great to be in a position that we’re able to hold the events, we’ve had to make some changes to ensure the service is as safe as possible for our patients, families and supporters:
- The events will run in accordance with the most up to date Government guidelines and this means we are required to keep track of the number of attendees.
- In order to do this we’re sending invites out to everyone that has donated to the appeal. If you’ve made a donation, thank you – you will receive event details including RSVP details in the post (along with your dedication cards if you’ve opted to receive these). Please remember to RSVP, including venue of choice and how many people you’ll be attending with so we can keep tabs on numbers!
- As always, our event is open to everyone so don’t worry if you haven’t dedicated a light or would like to come along to the service to remember someone that wasn’t cared for by the Hospice – you are very welcome. Simply email email@example.com to let us know your name, venue of choice and the number of guests.
- Although the events are outdoors, we’d like to encourage everyone to maintain a safe distance from other guests as much as possible and wear masks.
If you’d like to dedicate a light to a loved one, there’s still plenty of time, you can do so here, we look forward to welcoming everyone to the event.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org