This role helps in creating a friendly, welcoming and helpful environment in the Hospice Shops. The individual would assist the shop manager in the running of the shop to raise funds for the Hospice
Hospice staff and volunteers are expected to reflect our Hospice Values in the way they carry out their roles, and in their interactions with each other and with patients, family members and any other visitors.
Our Values are: Care and Compassion, Respect, Trust and Partnership.
What will I be doing/ involved in?
- Greeting and serving customers, providing a warm and welcoming atmosphere and excellent customer service.
- Handling cash/ cards and operation of the till
- Sorting donated second hand goods, bric-a-brac and books
- Steaming, hanging, tagging and pricing goods ready to go out on the shop floor.
- Assisting with window displays
- Keeping shop well stocked
- Helping to keep the shop clean and tidy
What experience or skills do I need?
- Understanding of the work and values of St Columba’s Hospice. Willing to keep informed and stay updated about our work
- Be an embassador in the shops for St Columba’s Hospice by providing a warm and welcoming atmosphere
- Follow Infection Control guidelines
- Friendly with excellent customer service and communications skills
- Numerate (able to operate till and handle cash transactions)
- Good knowledge of books – ideal but not essential for the Book Shop
- Ability to work as part of the Retail Team – without close supervision, but within Hospice processes
- Physically able to complete tasks such as stocking shelves, sorting donations and housekeeping
- Able to prioritise when the shop is busy
- Comfortable working on own during quiet times in the day and with other staff/volunteers when busy
- A strong understanding of the need for and importance of confidentiality and boundaries, at all times
Time commitment and duration
Generally half a day once a week, but this can also be fortnightly. We try to be very flexible!
Where will I be based?
St Columba’s currently has retail shops in Leith, Canonmills, Morningside, Ocean Terminal, Portobello and Haddington.
Who will be supporting me?
Shop Manager of the shop you are based in and the Shop Operations Manager.
- Interview with Shop Manager and Shop Operations Manager
- Application Form
- Two references
- Volunteers must be 16 years or over
- Shop orientation and training
- Retail Induction Programme
- Group supervision / continuing professional development updates
- Hospice Chaplains are always available to support volunteers
- The Hospice provides complimentary tea and coffee to all volunteers, staff, patients and families as part of the hospitality strategy.
You can apply online here.
Alternatively, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a paper application form, or to ask us any questions about the role
Download a role description