As we cannot hold our much loved Walk to Remember East Lothian this year, we have taken it virtual! Complete your own Walk to Remember in your own time, at your own pace and in your local neighbourhood!
You can walk, jog or skip it - all in one go OR over 31 days, as you have the whole month of July to finish it.
Just choose the route you wish to do, but do try to push yourself and go for a distance that challenges you.
How to get involved:
- Choose your distance: 5.5 Miles (Wee Yin) – half marathon 13.5 Miles (Big Yin) – full marathon 26.2 miles (Big Yin and back again)
- Register for free by emailing Claire in fundraising via email@example.com, - we will then send you a Hospice t-shirt, a water bottle and a pedometer (donated by Amazon) if you need one.
- Set up your JustGiving page - https://www.justgiving.com/start-fundraising (You now have the option to link your page to strava to keep track of your progress – instructions on how to do this can be emailed after registration)
- Set your fundraising target - there’s no minimum sponsorship, but a target of £100 is a great place to start.
- Share your page -just click on ‘Share’ and all your friends, family and colleagues can support you.
- Upload your miles using the Strava fitness app, or with your pedometer and keep track of your steps/miles on your page
We have mapped out last year's route so you can keep note of where you would have been on our physical Walk to Remember. Claire can share this with you when you sign up.
Get in touch with Claire via firstname.lastname@example.org to let her know you have completed your virtual Walk to Remember and you will get a completion certificate!!!
If you wish to contribute to our Walk to Remember 2020 finishers’ page, please send us photos of you taking part. And, remember to wear your Hospice t-shirt!
We look forward to hearing from you - thanks so much for your support!